The Automatic control sub-team is responsible for the whole design of every automatic control system of the team. Some of the fields of study are trajectory analysis of the rocket, dynamic system modeling, automatic control theory, hardware and software development.
The current project in development is an air-brake system. At this point a controller and simulation software have been designed, while a prototype is being built for testing. The goal is to further develop both the controller and software to improve their performance. To achieve this, knowledge of aerodynamics is necessary, so training will be provided also in this subject.
The Control Engineer will be asked to:
- Research literature
- Model physical and control system in order to extract transfer functions
- Optimize the response of the system
- Further develop simulation software
- Build and test prototypes
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Ability to work in a team
- Automatic control system theory
- Familiarity with aerodynamics
- Rigid body dynamics
- Matlab and Simulink