The Structural sub-team is responsible for designing, analyzing and manufacturing all of the rocket’s internal and external structural parts. Said parts include the rocket’s air-frame, the fins, the nose cone, etc.
A Structural Analysis Engineer is responsible for:
- Conducting Finite Element Analysis (e.g. ANSA)
- Conducting Static and Dynamic Analysis
- Understanding the acting stresses on components and the strength of them
- Experience on 3D CAD designing (e.g. Solidworks, Inventor)
- Knowledge of the Finite Element Method (FEM)
- Knowledge of Material’s Strength
- Knowledge of Structural Statics
- Experience and knowledge of manufacturing procedures
- Experience using tools and lab equipment
- Ability to provide practical and reliable design solutions
- Excellent organizational and communicational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).