The Hardware Development sub-team is responsible for the selection, design and implementation of the electronics mandatory for the team’s UAVs, as well as the implementation of an autopilot system. Our goals regarding data aquisition are to upgrade our current Measurement System using STM32 microcontrollers, which are a more reliable solution, and to design our own PCB.
Sensor Research and Programming:
In order to acquire essential information regarding parameters such as the altitude, absolute and relative velocity, pressure, etc., the sub-team works towards the optimal construction of necessary sensor systems. To design a measurement system successfully, our team focuses on two fundamental factors: choosing the hardware that fits a given set of specifications (conditions under which a sensor is expected to function and desired performance, for example), and writing code to achieve correct and useful operation (embedded systems application).
- Selection of sensors and necessary additional parts
- STM32 Microcontrollers Programming
- Correct placement, assembly and use, to create a sensor system
- Utilization and development of functional libraries
- PCB design research and implementation
- Familiarity with microcontrollers, microprocessors and peripherals
- Experience with programming in C/C++
- Electronics and Electrical Circuits
- Interest in PCB Design
- Problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Eagerness and enthusiasm