A rocket engine performance engineer is responsible for designing and testing rocket engines to ensure they meet performance requirements. Their role includes analyzing and optimizing the engine’s performance and efficiency, identifying potential issues, and proposing solutions.
- Performance analyses of rocket engines.
- Use mathematical modeling and simulation tools to evaluate engine performance and optimize engine design.
- Thermal analysis of engine.
- Research on testing methods.
- Develop test plans and procedures to validate engine performance and efficiency.
- Data processing from static tests.
- Identify potential issues and propose solutions to improve engine performance or address technical problems.
- Improve engine design and performance.
- Performance Analysis Software (RPA, OpenRocket).
- FEA Thermal Analysis (ANSYS).
- Various programming languages (Matlab, Python).
Job Type: Student Position