The Operations subsystem is responsible for managing all of the project’s finances, budget overseeing, conducting orders, organizing launch operations and procedures, and scheduling all the logistics for the competitions the project participates in.
Besides, the members of the subsystem are associated with implementing and enforcing safety rules in the fields of High-Power Rocketry. Part of the rules is set by the NFPA (National Fire Protection Association), TRA (Tripoli Rocketry Association), Rocketry competitions, and the Material Safety Data Sheet.
An Operations Officer is responsible for:
– Managing and supervising the project’s budget
– Conducting and monitoring all orders
– Contacting companies to resolve pricing and cost issues
– Organizing launch operations (Risk Assessment, Hazard Analysis, etc.)
– Preparing hazard analysis and risk assessment for tests and launches.
– Supervising all facilities, equipment, maintenance, and disposal of substances
– Monitoring of the team’s laboratory (manufacture of solid propellant, composite materials, conduction of tests)
– Candidates with a Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance background
– Ability to understand general financing and budget, including results, balance sheet, and cash flow
– Ability to provide practical and reliable solutions
– Excellent organizational and communicational skills
– Ability to work effectively in a team
– Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)